Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

temptation.

My dad told me about this a few weeks ago and I finally saw the video and laughed so hard I had to share! It is so fun to see that it is at a very early age that we begin our life long battle of willpower versus desire and while patience is a virtue, sometimes it is just soooooooooo hard to wait.

Which type of inner child are you? Do you wait patiently with the promise of a greater reward? Do you sniff and take just the smallest of tastes in the hope to hold you over? Or are you one of those that wants it now and shoves the whole thing in your face in one satisfied chomp?

Enjoy!

rachel

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, Did you read the marshmallow self-control article in the New Yorker earlier this year? This is a great companion video, but I remain unconvinced that greater self-control leads to more success as an adult...

    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/05/18/090518fa_fact_lehrer

    ReplyDelete