Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

green friday, green lunch.



Yup, it's that time of year again. Back to school week. I have been busy school shopping for clothes, sporting gear and school supplies while trying to get back in the swing of the school year rhythm. Gone are the days of lazy mornings, spontaneous afternoons and relaxed Summer evenings.

As part of the new year shopping spree, I purchased my kids a new snack box to carry in their lunch boxes. This will be my third year of this "green" tradition and one I thought appropriate to mention for our Friday theme. This year I recycled my older plastic models and upgraded to some snazzy new aluminum ones.

Companies like LunchBots and Sigg make wonderful aluminum containers to pack in your child's lunch box (or even your own!) for sandwiches and snacks on the go. These containers do not leach chemicals like plastic, are eco-friendly, recyclable, lightweight and easy to use.

For more information on why you should make the switch from plastic bags and containers, please click here.

rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment