Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

afghans.





photos and original credits found on design to inspire.

Some of my earliest memories as a child are of playing in our living room in the company of my family. My dad typically had a newspaper in hand reading headlines out loud that my mom would find interesting. My mom usually had a crochet needle in hand and was always working on some new project. Every bed in our home was adorned with one of her creations and you always felt extra cozy at night knowing you were wrapped up in hours of her love.  When I went off to college, my mom had an afghan she made for the occasion to send me off to school.  When my kids were born, each one received their own treasure from "meema."

To this day there is something about the look of these one-of-a-kind throws that just gives me that instinctual sense of home.

rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment