Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

thanksgiving.








This is my favorite holiday of the year.  There is something about the smell of all the delicious food cooking throughout the house, the bustle of activity of all the women {sorry but true} moving around the kitchen, the Macy's parade on the TV in the morning with the kids yelling out which balloons are coming down 5th Avenue and the sound of the football game coming from the living room in the afternoon.  It's a holiday with no gift giving other than the gift of time spent together.  It is a day for relaxing with the ones you love the most.  It culminates with a big lazy meal that lingers for hours and a night sitting in front of a roaring fire full and sleepy and happy.

Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. If I close my eyes I can almost taste mom's sweet potatoes and my apple stuffing.

rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment