Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

feelings of fall.

image by Jenifer Altman

This is the week it happened. I have always wondered what is the week that defines the transition from season to season. This week was the one for me. The days have been gorgeous, cool in the morning... warm by noon.... brisk at night. There is that unmistakeable smell of fall in the air. The light sundresses and short rompers of summer have been enthusiastically replaced with favorite jeans and loosely knotted scarves. I have even noticed myself replacing the grapes and watermelon packed in my kids school lunch boxes with apples just purchased from the orchard.

This transition inspires change in our behavior. We work harder after the relaxing pace of summer. We walk a little faster. I begin to nest the inside of the house more as I begin to clean up my outdoor living spaces. There is so much to look forward to in the months ahead. Make sure while we are all picking up the pace in our lives, that we also stop to enjoy the simple pleasures autumn has to offer. There is nothing more inspiring than change.

rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment